The Electronics & Computer Technologies Lab (ECTLab) belongs to the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering of theUniversity of West Attica.Ithas beenofficially establishedsince 2015and re-established on 2019 (Official Government Gazette of the Hellenic Republic Issue B΄:Νο. 1041 / 03-06-2015, No. 822 / 08-03-2019).ECTLab’sresearch infrastructure is founded by European and National projects as well as from the budget of the Home Institution.
Prof. Stelios Potirakis is Lab Director.
ECTLAb focuses on the fields of Electronics & Computer Technologies including a wide range of topics such as:
- Design of Analog, Digital and Mixed Signal Electronic Systems,
- Acquisition and Digital Signal/ImageProcessing,
- Pattern Recognition, Classification, Machine- and Deep-Learning,
- Complex Systems Time Series Analysis,
- Electroacoustic-Acoustic Design and Measurements,
- Audiovisual Systems and Technologies,
- Wireless Sensor Networks (acoustic, optical, environmental, etc.),
- Modern Educational Technologies,
- E-Learning and Distance Learning,
- Data Mining and Educational Data Analytics,
- Emotional Computing,
- Design, Modeling and Characterization of Multifunctional and Intelligent Materials,
- Wearable Systems,
- Embedded Systems - Imaging Technologies,
- Microelectronics - Integrated Circuits - Microsystems,
- Architectureof Computer / Microcomputer Systems,
- MeasurementSystems and Sensors,
- Particle detector technology / electronic systems for the fast selection, control, reception and transmission of detector data.
which are clustered in the following three interacting axes, defining corresponding Groups within the Lab:
- Digital Signal Processing and Audiovisual Technologies,
- Embedded Systems and Instrumentation,
- Multifunctional - Smart Materials and Wearable Systems.
Beyond research, ECTLAbaims to support a range of different activities, including the contribution to Home Institution’s post- and under-graduate Syllabi, the training of jounior researchers, the cooperation with national and international research centers and academic institutions, and the provision of services to public/private sector organizations or industry. Also, the ECTLAbis organizing or assisting scientific lectures, workshops, seminars, or other scientific events.